6 Fairview Avenue
Long Valley, NJ 07853
Museum Hours - Sundays , 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM or by appointment
No Admission Charge
Our collection of photographs, furniture, local artifacts, farm tools, clothes and books, in conjunction with our genealogy library, helps to support the preservation of the history of Washington Township.
Originally built in 1830, this stone building has served as the first schoolhouse, a private residence, the public library, and since 1981, the museum. The building is maintained by the Washington Township Historical Society, a membership organization, and is open to the public.