The Long Valley Dog Park is located on Route 517 (Fairmount Road). Please help the Long Valley Dog Park be the best facility it can be. Please volunteer time, funds or materials . The LVDP Volunteer Group meets the 4th Tuesday of every month at 6:00 PM at the Senior Center.
Maintenance and upgrades to the Park are entirely funded by annual membership dues and donations.
If you would like to make a donation, please make check payable to the Long Valley Dog Park, and mail it to
Long Valley Dog Park
PO Box 215
Long Valley, New Jersey 07853.
The Dog Park has real benefits.
- Promote public safety
- Enable dogs to legally run off-leash
- Socialize and exercise dogs in a safe environment
- Promote responsible pet ownership
Join Today. Download & Complete the application and the liability form.
Dog Park Rules & Regulations
- Use the park at your own risk. Dog owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times.
- A RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM must be signed and witnessed before membership privileges for the park are considered.
- All dogs must wear a valid license and a Long Valley Dog Park Pass Tag. Fees for park use will be $10 for residents and $15 for non-residents. Dog owners must fill out application and provide veterinarian’s signature to confirm proof of current vaccinations and secure the pass tag. Pass Tags are not transferable to other dogs.
- Dogs with a history of dangerous or aggressive behavior are prohibited . Dogs must be removed from the park upon the first sign of aggression
- Puppies under four months old are prohibited. Dogs over six months old must be spayed or neutered. Female dogs in heat are prohibited
- Limit of 3 dogs per adult. Dogs must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older at all times.
- Dogs must be leashed in their cars prior to entering the parking lot. Dogs must remain leashed at all times until inside the fenced park area. When leaving the dog park area the dog must be leashed before leaving through the double gate, and remained leashed until inside their owner’s vehicle.
- No spiked collars (on the dogs)
- Access gates must be properly secured upon entering/leaving the off leash area.
- No children under age 10 allowed inside the fence: all children must be accompanied by an adult and closely supervised.
- Owners are required to clean up after their dog. Waste bags are provided.
- No food allowed inside the fenced area.
- Owners must provide their own water and water bowls.
- No smoking allowed.
- Hours: Open daily from 8:00 AM until dusk.
- Parking lot and paths will not be cleared during snow events- use at your own risk
- Dog Park may be closed for maintenance activities from time to time.
- All incidents, bites or injuries must be reported immediately to the Washington Police Department - 908-876-3232.
Emergencies call 911
- Those who fail to comply with the above rules and regulations may receive a summons as per township ordinance
Dog Park Forms
Please Click on a listing to obtain a PDF version of the Form