The Records Department is open Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 4:00PM. The Records Department is closed on weekends, Federal, State and Municipal Holidays.
June 3, 2013 through August 30, 2013 Records will be open 7:30 AM and will remain open until 5:00 PM , Monday through Thursday and closed on Fridays.
Accident Reports and General Complaint Reports are available for a fee. The fee schedule is listed below. All other records are not available.
A request for a copy of Public Records should be submitted on a form obtained from the Police Department Records Clerk. Some records require time to compile and make the copies requested, but generally the records will be available during normal business hours within seven (7) business days. If a requested document or copy is not a public record, or cannot be provided within seven (7) business days, you will be provided with a response.
Except as otherwise provided, the fees for the duplication of a printed page are as follows:
- Letter size pages - $0.05 per page
- Legal size pages - $0.07 per page
- Other materials (CD, DVD,etc) - Actual cost of material
- Delivery/Postage Fees additional depending upon delivery type.
- For a police accident report, not made in person, there is an additional fee of $5.00 for the first three pages, and $1.00 for each additional page as provided by N.J.S.A. 39:4-131
The term “Public Record” generally includes those records determined to be public in accordance with N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1. The term does not include employee personnel files, police investigation records, public assistance files, or other matters where there is a right of privacy or confidentiality, or which is specifically exempted by law. To make a request for a "Public Record" complete a Public Records Form
For additional information, visit the State of New Jersey's Web Site