Dog Park and Committee
Harriett Chomen - Chairperson
Ira Fink - Treasurer
Deborah Dunne - Secretary
Charles Knoeringer - Member at Large
Township Dog Park
The Long Valley Dog Park is located on Route 517 (Fairmount Road). Please help the Long Valley Dog Park be the best facility it can be. Please volunteer time, funds or materials . The LVDP Volunteer Committee meets the 4th Tuesday of some months at 6:00 PM. VIsit the Dog Park Website for meeting dates.
Maintenance and upgrades to the Park are entirely funded by annual membership dues and donations.
If you would like to make a donation, please make check payable to the Long Valley Dog Park, and mail it to:
Long Valley Dog Park
43 Schooley's Mountain Road
Long Valley, New Jersey 07853.
Dog Park Rules & Regulations
- Use the park at your own risk. Dog owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times.
- A RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM must be signed and witnessed before membership privileges for the park are considered.
- All dogs must wear a valid license and a Long Valley Dog Park Pass Tag. Fees for park use will be $10 for residents and $15 for non-residents. Dog owners must fill out application and provide veterinarian’s signature to confirm proof of current vaccinations and secure the pass tag. Pass Tags are not transferable to other dogs.
- Dogs with a history of dangerous or aggressive behavior are prohibited . Dogs must be removed from the park upon the first sign of aggression
- Puppies under four months old are prohibited. Dogs over six months old must be spayed or neutered. Female dogs in heat are prohibited
- Dog Park membership expires on December 31 the year of issuance and must be renewed the following January.
- Limit of 3 dogs per adult. Dogs must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older at all times.
- Dogs must be leashed in their cars prior to entering the parking lot. Dogs must remain leashed at all times until inside the fenced park area. When leaving the dog park area the dog must be leashed before leaving through the double gate, and remained leashed until inside their owner’s vehicle.
- No spiked collars (on the dogs)
- Access gates must be properly secured upon entering/leaving the off leash area.
- No children under age 10 allowed inside the fence: all children must be accompanied by an adult and closely supervised.
- Owners are required to clean up after their dog. Waste bags are provided.
- No food allowed inside the fenced area.
- Owners must provide their own water and water bowls.
- No smoking allowed.
- Hours: Open daily from 8:00 AM until dusk.
- Parking lot will be cleared after snow events, paths will not - use at your own risk
- Dog Park may be closed for maintenance activities from time to time.
- All incidents, bites or injuries must be reported immediately to the Washington Police Department - 908-876-3232.
Emergencies call 911
- For Questions or feedback please contact [email protected]
- Those who fail to comply with the above rules and regulations may receive a summons as per township ord
Dog Park Forms
Please click on the link below to print the application, liabilty form, and rules & regulations. Bring your signed application and liabiity form, with payment to the Tax Collector's Office in the Muncipal Building.
If you would like to submit the application by mail, please send completed form (Application AND Liability Pages) with ALL necessary documentation to: Washington Township Muncipal Building, Attention: Dog Park, 43 Schooley's Mountain Road, Long Valley, NJ 07853. Include a self addressed stamped envelope.
Please note that proof of tests and preventive medication must be clearly provided. The easiest way to provide this information is to have the Veterinarian complete the top portion of the application. Owner and dog information must be entirely completed. Incomplete applications/liability forms will be returned.